Gas leak sickens downtown workers


More than a dozen people became sick Tuesday morning after a natural gas leak in downtown Indianapolis. Workers at an office building at 55 S. State Ave. started to experience headaches, nausea and dizziness at about 9 a.m. Sixteen people were checked out at the scene and three others were taken to a hospital. Citizens Gas shut off service to the building. Fire officials said the leak had reached an explosive range.

Please enable JavaScript to view this content.

Editor's note: IBJ is now using a new comment system. Your Disqus account will no longer work on the IBJ site. Instead, you can leave a comment on stories by signing in to your IBJ account. If you have not registered, please sign up for a free account now. Past comments are not currently showing up on stories, but they will be added in the coming weeks. Please note our updated comment policy that will govern how comments are moderated.