A Valparaiso-based burger restaurant has chosen Carmel for its second area location.
Burgerhaus, which offers a variety of burgers, sandwiches and salads, has filed plans to open at 98 First Ave. SW.
The five-year-old restaurant business started expanding in 2014 when it opened in downtown Indianapolis, and then added its third location, in Schererville, in 2016. The Carmel eatery will be its fourth location overall.
IBJ dining columnist Lou Harry reviewed the downtown Indianapolis restaurant shortly after it opened and described it as an eatery with a slightly upscale vibe, but neighborhood bar feel. He also recommended the Beer Battered Pickle Chips.
In other retail news:
• Convivio Italian Artisan Cuisine is opening a second location. Andrea Melani and Emilio Cento opened the Italian restaurant at 11529 Spring Mill Road in Carmel in November 2016. A Zionsville location could be open by this November.
The restaurant would be located at 40 S. Main St. in the area known as the Village. Cento previously operated a restaurant known as Ciao by Villaggio at the same location.
The Zionsville Convivio will be similar to the Carmel one, with the addition of a wine room and larger pasta shop.
• Noble Roman's Craft Pizza & Pub is opening a location at 6428 Whitestown Parkway in Whitestown. Indianapolis-based Noble Roman’s Inc. debuted its new restaurant concept in Westfield earlier this year. Harry also checked this one out and said it was worth a visit.
• Also in Whitestown, Jimmy John’s has filed plans for a store at 6420 Whitestown Parkway.
• Marco’s Pizza is coming to Westfield near 161st Street and Spring Mill Road. The pizza chain has filed plans for a spot at 16072 Spring Mill Station Drive.
• Sleep Solutions has filed plans for a store at 14741 Hazel Dell Crossing, Suite 700 in Noblesville. The store will be in the retail complex on the northeast corner of 146th Street and Hazel Dell Parkway.
• Horizon Bank is coming to downtown Noblesville with a location at 44 S. Eighth St. The Michigan City-based bank has a loan production office nearby, but otherwise this will be its first Noblesville location. Horizon Bank also has branches in Carmel, Indianapolis, Greenwood, Franklin and Bargersville.
• Massage Heights has filed plans to open at 1438 W. Main St., Suite 103, in Carmel, in the same center as Wild Eggs, Juice Bar, Crown Liquors and Fresh Indian Grill.