Castleton Square Mall is set to welcome a couple of new entries to its food court lineup, including a restaurant that made its Indianapolis debut just last year.
• Freshii and Starbucks are slated to open next month at the northeast-side shopping center. Freshii, a Canadian concept serving burritos, wraps, soups and salads, will take space next to TGI Friday’s. The only other Freshii in the city is at The Fashion Mall at Keystone. Starbucks, meanwhile, will be in Castleton’s Center Court.
• Foundry Provisions, a coffee shop at 16th and Alabama streets, is open for breakfast and lunch. It serves coffee from local business Julian Coffee Roasters, in addition to pastries and paninis.
• Jack’s Donuts, a New Castle stalwart, has opened its second location, in the Bonn Building in Saxony Village near Interstate 69. The popular shop has been serving doughnuts for more than 50 years.
• Barnes and Noble Bookstores is moving to the former Borders Books location at River Road Crossing at the Fashion Mall in May.
• Sensu, at 110 W. Main St. in Carmel next to Detour, closed late last month.
And what Retail Roundup would be complete without a yogurt shop mention, or three?
• Pearings Frozen Yogurt & Beyond is open at 6 W. Washington St. This is the first location for the locally based yogurt operation.
• Cultured Swirl opened April 19 at 1026 Virginia Ave. in the Fountain Square neighborhood.
• YoYo Yogurt also opened April 19, in the Anson Marketplace on East State Road 334 west of Zionsville. This is the Fort Wayne-based operation’s first location in the metro area.