• Hubbard & Cravens Coffee Co. is planning to expand downtown by opening two locations in the spring. The local coffee and tea shop will take 600 square feet in the Barnes & Thornburg lobby at 11 S. Meridian St., and also will occupy space in Market Tower at 10 W. Market St.
Founded in 1991 by Rick Hubbard and Jerry Cravens, the company has shops at 4930 N. Pennsylvania St., 6229 Carrollton Ave. and at 703 Veteran’s Way at Carmel City Center.
• Ember Urban Eatery has opened at 435 Virginia Ave. in the Villaggio building in space formerly occupied by Donatos. The restaurant is operated by Rob and Shelly Odendahl and open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday, and 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday. Menu items, ranging from burgers to vegetarian plates, are priced from $10 to $30.
• That Fun Place Family Center has opened a second location, at 707 S. Madison Ave. in Greenwood. The family entertainment center has taken 10,000 square feet near East Smith Valley Road formerly occupied by Bounce Spot. That Fun Place features laser tag, bumper cars, black-light miniature golf, a playground, an arcade and private party rooms. Michael and Christina Hilton opened their first Fun Place in Greenfield in 2006.
• Cheddar's Casual Cafe plans to open a second Indianapolis area restaurant on the south side near the Interstate 65 interchange with County Line Road. The Texas-based chain of traditional American restaurants, which opened its first local location in 2012 along Rockville Road in Avon, will open the restaurant in 10,000 square feet at 5151 Noggle Way, next to a Hilton Garden Inn.
• Outback Steakhouse is building a restaurant on North Michigan Road in Carmel next to Olive Garden, which opened Dec. 2. Outback has five locations in the metropolitan area—three in Indianapolis and one in Avon and Greenwood.
• Jersey Mike's Subs plans to take 1,386 square feet at 2271 Pointe Parkway in the Merchants Pointe shopping center near East 116th Street and Keystone Parkway in Carmel. The location would be the city’s fourth for the New Jersey-based chain.
• Chick-fil-A plans to build a 4,500-square-foot restaurant at 6231 N. Keystone Ave where a Fazoli’s is located.
• Taco Bell plans to build a 1,900-square-foot restaurant at 5030 Cambridge Way near Indiana 267 and north of Interstate 70, in Plainfield.