A northwest Indiana judge has rejected a request by the Indiana attorney general's office that he put on hold his order striking down the state's right-to-work law until the state Supreme Court rules on a similar case.
Lake County Judge George Paras' order was posted on the court docket Wednesday after being issued last week, the Times of Munster reported.
Attorney General's Office spokesman Bryan Corbin told The Associated Press that it hasn't received the order but that the office plans to file a new motion for a stay with the Indiana Supreme Court. Corbin said to avoid inconsistency, the trial court should wait for the Supreme Court to rule.
Paras determined the law violates the state constitution by forcing unions to provide services to workers without payment.