Fire displaces five residents

May 3, 2013
Back to TopE-mailPrintBookmark and Share

A large century-old house in Southport that had been subdivided into five apartments suffered heavy fire damage Friday morning. Five residents escaped the blaze, which broke out about 3 a.m. in the 100 block of South Street, near East Southport Road and Madison Avenue. Firefighters battled flames for more than an hour and called in extra companies for assistance. One resident was taken to St. Francis Hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation and a firefighter was checked out at Methodist.


Sponsored by

facebook - twitter on Facebook & Twitter

Follow on TwitterFollow IBJ on Facebook:
Follow on TwitterFollow IBJ's Tweets on these topics:
Subscribe to IBJ