Fire displaces family of four

A space heater is blamed for a Friday-morning fire that displaced a family of four on the west side of Indianapolis. The fire broke out at 130 S. Harris Ave. just after 4 a.m. All three smoke detectors activated, and everyone got out safely. The father of the family, 47-year-old Michael Jones, told firefighters the space heater was too close to a pile of clothing.
 

Please enable JavaScript to view this content.

Story Continues Below

Editor's note: You can comment on IBJ stories by signing in to your IBJ account. If you have not registered, please sign up for a free account now. Please note our updated comment policy that will govern how comments are moderated.

{{ articles_remaining }}
Free {{ article_text }} Remaining
{{ articles_remaining }}
Free {{ article_text }} Remaining Article limit resets on
{{ count_down }}