The seven vendors, which include restaurants, a space for food entrepreneurs and a barber shop, will occupy 16 Tech’s 40,000-square-foot food and retail hall.
Report: Steak n Shake hires adviser to help it navigate debt morass
FTI Consulting will work with the Indianapolis-based company as it explores a possible out-of-court restructuring of its debt and lease obligations or a bankruptcy filing, The Wall Street Journal reported.Read More
Airport’s retail-refresh timeline shifts with pandemic
Even amid dramatically reduced foot traffic, the facility’s work to refresh its slate of restaurants and shops is progressing—albeit more slowly than initially expected.Read More
Steak n Shake in tight spot as key debt deadline looms
The chain nearly broke even in the latest quarter it reported, no small feat after losing a combined $29 million in 2018 and 2019.Read More
Chicago-style pizza chain Lou Malnati’s confirms 86th Street location
The 86th Street location, the chain’s second Indianapolis-area store, is set to open this spring. Lou Malnati’s confirmed the location last year but until now had not specified when it planned to open.Read More
The latest layoffs have been heavily concentrated in the industries that have suffered most because they involve face-to-face contact: Restaurants, bars and hotels, theaters, sports arenas and concert halls.
Jeff Meyer is turning the former Boys & Girls Club at 1700 Conner St. into his company’s headquarters. And he plans to keep things rolling by opening another eight to 10 stores by the end of 2023.
Dr. Virginia Caine said the decision on further opening restaurants will be dictated by positivity rates, vaccine distribution and case counts much closer to the tournament.
This will be the fourth Indianapolis-area location for the fast-casual burger chain, though none have yet opened.
Sahm’s Bar & Grill, which has been closed since March due to the pandemic, is reopening as Hoss Bar & Grill, a modern highway diner concept offering burgers, sandwiches, salads, a dinner menu, beer and cocktails.
Stories with some connection to the pandemic dominated the list, but the top story was actually about Cracker Barrel’s move to open a “ghost kitchen” pilot in Indianapolis.
Dozens of central Indiana restaurants have closed since the pandemic hit in March—some almost right away, unable to weather the forced closure of their dining rooms. Others gave up the ghost later, after takeout or restricted indoor dining failed to keep them afloat.
The company, which opened a location in downtown Indianapolis in 2016, describes its business as being in a “mothballed period” and said that it anticipates reopening venues “once it is safe to do so.”
The suit alleges the governor’s executive order is unconstitutional and caused “unjust injury to [the restaurant’s] fundamental civil rights, liberty interests and property rights.”
The building, which formerly served as the post exchange for soldiers stationed at Fort Benjamin Harrison, was offered for sale by the Fort Harrison Reuse Authority this week. Also this week: Tru by Hilton, Culver’s and more.
SoChatti is adding the storefront to its production, research and warehouse facility in the Circle City Industrial Complex on the city’s near east side. Also this week: J’s Lobster & Fish Market, The Spice Box.
The nationwide tally—representing one in six U.S. eateries—is among the findings of a survey released Monday by the National Restaurant Association.
The longtime Meridian-Kessler sports bar and restaurant that announced last month it was closing “until further notice” is at the center of an ongoing legal dispute between the original owner and the new owner, who now wants out of the deal to buy the business.
Carmel is the latest Indiana community seeking to use its waterways as a means to offer businesses cheap and plentiful liquor licenses.
A local entrepreneur plans to redevelop the former Broad Ripple Steakhouse restaurant site and an adjacent property into a multi-tenant dining concept and outdoor recreation area. The development would utilize numerous shipping containers in its design.
The sports bar and restaurant discontinued dine-in service on Oct. 30 because of the rise in COVID-19 cases. It announced Sunday that it had decided to close “until further notice.”
A surge in coronavirus cases has local restaurateurs fretting that public officials are on the cusp of imposing severe restrictions that they say will force hundreds of local eateries to close.