Electrical accident kills teen

An 18-year-old Muncie teenager died early Sunday morning from electrocution. David L. Boyle III was staying with friends in a camper behind a Muncie home. Officials say the camper was receiving electricity from the home, but it wasn’t grounded properly. Boyle awoke about 2 a.m. while barefoot and was electrocuted while putting one foot on the camper’s metal step and another in the wet grass. His heart was shocked out of rhythm, a coroner said.
 

Please enable JavaScript to view this content.

Story Continues Below

Editor's note: You can comment on IBJ stories by signing in to your IBJ account. If you have not registered, please sign up for a free account now. Please note our updated comment policy that will govern how comments are moderated.

{{ articles_remaining }}
Free {{ article_text }} Remaining
{{ articles_remaining }}
Free {{ article_text }} Remaining Article limit resets on
{{ count_down }}