Fire damages apartments, church

  • Comments
  • Print

Firefighters believe a cigarette may have caused a fire in a small east-side apartment complex early Friday morning. It took firefighters about two hours to contain the blaze, which broke out at about 2 a.m. in the 4300 block of East Washington Street. The four-unit complex also houses Trinity House Community Outreach Church. Damage was estimated at more than $70,000. No injuries were reported. Four people from two units escaped without injury.

Please enable JavaScript to view this content.

Story Continues Below

Editor's note: You can comment on IBJ stories by signing in to your IBJ account. If you have not registered, please sign up for a free account now. Please note our updated comment policy that will govern how comments are moderated.