`

Fries spark apartment fire

April 23, 2012

A cooking accident led to a fire that displaced 30 residents from the Meadows Apartments early Sunday morning on the northeast side of Indianapolis. A resident said she left French fries in hot oil on the stove unattended for a minute and returned to find her kitchen on fire. Two apartment units were heavily damaged by the fire and a 3-year-old was treated for smoke inhalation. Victim-assistance personnel with the fire department are working to find shelter for residents.
 

ADVERTISEMENT