Two seriously injured in house fire

An Indianapolis man and his wife were hospitalized early Tuesday morning after suffering serious injuries in a fire in their northwest-side home. Dante Adams, 35, and Tehesha Patterson, 33, were taken to Wishard Memorial Hospital after escaping the blaze, which broke out about 2:45 a.m. in their house in the 4900 block of Victoria Road, near 50th Street and Kessler Boulevard North Drive. Five other people staying in the home, including four children, escaped without injury. The fire may have been started by a space heater.

Please enable JavaScript to view this content.

Story Continues Below

Editor's note: You can comment on IBJ stories by signing in to your IBJ account. If you have not registered, please sign up for a free account now. Please note our updated comment policy that will govern how comments are moderated.