Resident, firefighter suffer injuries

A resident and an Indianapolis firefighter suffered minor injuries in a house fire Tuesday morning on the southeast side. The blaze began about 5 a.m. in the 2300 block of East Beecher Street, near East Raymond Street and South Keystone Avenue, when a 32-year-old man left a stove unattended. He suffered burns to his right hand and some smoke inhalation. The injured firefighter fell through the floor and twisted his knee.

Please enable JavaScript to view this content.

Story Continues Below

Editor's note: You can comment on IBJ stories by signing in to your IBJ account. If you have not registered, please sign up for a free account now. Please note our updated comment policy that will govern how comments are moderated.

{{ articles_remaining }}
Free {{ article_text }} Remaining
{{ articles_remaining }}
Free {{ article_text }} Remaining Article limit resets on
{{ count_down }}