A heating element and exhaust unit used for growing marijuana sparked a Noblesville house fire Thursday night. Homeowner Bruce Cornelius was at the home at 3211 Westfield Road at about 9:50 p.m. when the fire began in an attic, causing an estimated $139,000 in damage. Hamilton County police removed 30 pot plants from the residence.
Story Continues Below
Editor's note: You can comment on IBJ stories by signing in to your IBJ account. If you have not registered, please sign up for a free account now. Please note our updated comment policy that will govern how comments are moderated.
Support IBJ's Award-Winning Journalism
Join the thousands of business and community leaders and Indiana residents that choose IBJ as their primary local news source.
Already a paid subscriber?
At our first Engage Indiana event in the South Bend-Elkhart Region, we will convene Indiana's C-suite executives, community leaders and business professionals to hear from Secretary of Commerce Bradley B. Chambers and a distinguished panel on how companies can take their engagement to the next level. Purchase your tickets now! More events
HR Impact Awards: Indianapolis Business Journal will honor the work that goes into creating a great team at all types of organizations by honoring companies, agencies and not-for-profits, as well as specific human resources people and teams. The HR Impact Award honorees will be recognized at an event on October 13 and profiled in a special supplement publishing October 14. Submit your nomination now!