Pot-growing operation sparks fire

A heating element and exhaust unit used for growing marijuana sparked a Noblesville house fire Thursday night. Homeowner Bruce Cornelius was at the home at 3211 Westfield Road at about 9:50 p.m. when the fire began in an attic, causing an estimated $139,000 in damage. Hamilton County police removed 30 pot plants from the residence.
 

Please enable JavaScript to view this content.

Story Continues Below

Editor's note: You can comment on IBJ stories by signing in to your IBJ account. If you have not registered, please sign up for a free account now. Please note our updated comment policy that will govern how comments are moderated.

{{ articles_remaining }}
Free {{ article_text }} Remaining
{{ articles_remaining }}
Free {{ article_text }} Remaining Article limit resets on
{{ count_down }}