SUV exhaust hospitalizes six

Six people were taken to a hospital after carbon monoxide from a running SUV in a lower-level garage filled their Carmel apartment building late Wednesday night. Firefighters reported finding carbon monoxide in all seven units of the Legacy Towns and Flats building. Near-fatal levels of the gas were found in some apartments. Seven other residents were evacuated but didn’t require hospitalization.

Please enable JavaScript to view this content.

Story Continues Below

Editor's note: You can comment on IBJ stories by signing in to your IBJ account. If you have not registered, please sign up for a free account now. Please note our updated comment policy that will govern how comments are moderated.

{{ articles_remaining }}
Free {{ article_text }} Remaining
{{ articles_remaining }}
Free {{ article_text }} Remaining Article limit resets on
{{ count_down }}