Now Accepting Nominations!
Who is eligible?
Anyone working in the Indianapolis area who is under 40 on the February 26, 2021, publication date is eligible.
Who are we looking for?
Local business and professional leaders who have achieved success and excelled in their field before the age of 40. We’re looking for people who have demonstrated leadership, initiative and dedication in pursuing their careers, and who are likely to continue to achieve in the future. Most of those honored are involved in business or a related career, but previous Forty Under 40 classes have included people who were successful in a wide variety of pursuits, including politics and professional sports.
How do I submit a nomination?
Complete and submit the online nomination form.
What do I need to submit a nomination?
- You should have the following ready to go when you start filling out the nomination form:
- The nominee’s full name, mobile number, email address, current job position and company information.
- A description of why the nominee should be considered for Forty Under 40 recognition.
- Basic job and resume information, although more detail is appreciated.
- Up to three letters of recommendation. You do NOT need letters. But this is the only opportunity to add letters to your nomination form. Letters submitted separately will NOT be considered. This is a change from the process in previous years.
- Any other materials such as a resume or supporting information (not including letters of recommendation) collected into ONE document, either a Word file or PDF.
What is the deadline?
September 25, 2020
Can I fax or mail my nomination?
Nominations sent by email, fax and postal mail will not be accepted. No follow-up calls, please. Emailed letters of recommendation are no longer accepted. Letters should be uploaded and submitted with the nomination.
Can I save my nomination form and come back to it?
No. Once you start the form, you must complete it or start over another time.
When does the special feature publish?
Honorees will be featured in the Feb. 26, 2021, issue of IBJ.
Can I see a list of previous winners?
Yes, click here to view previous Forty Under 40 winners. Previous honorees are not eligible for nomination.