A young CEO prepares to push into new markets. A financier and his business partner discuss whether they'll serve jail time as their investment firm disintegrates. Hundreds of people soar overhead in the Super Bowl Village while hundreds of thousands visit Indianapolis.
IBJ captured these dramas on video in 2012 as the city enjoyed an extended stay in the national spotlight. From the glorious to the notorious—Indy's couldn't-go-better-if-it-was-scripted stint as Super Bowl XLVI host to the fraud trial of Ponzi schemer Tim Durham and two associates—the sights and sounds of the major events proved just as compelling as the printed word.
We've compiled the viewership numbers for 100-plus videos produced by IBJ over 2012 and found the 10 with the largest audiences. The countdown, plus footage from each piece, appears in the video below.
Each of the top 10 videos originally appeared as part of a multimedia news package on IBJ.com. The following are links to the stories that contained the videos.
10. INSIDE DISH: Unlikely pair pilor Ship to profit
9. Durham gets 50 years in fraud scheme
8. Retailer Lids strives for Super Bowl dominance
7. INSIDE DISH: Slippery Noodle readies for Super Bowl rush
6. 2012 Forty Under 40: Paul Ezekiel 'Zeke' Turner
5. VIDEO: Quick trip down the zip line
4. LEADING QUESTIONS: Debriefing with Super Bowl chief
3. Wiretaps capture Durham, co-defendants scrambling
2. INSIDE DISH: Patachou Inc. has full plate with expansion plans
1. Indianapolis cleans up after 1.1M Super Bowl guests