You ask how to get non-believers on board [May 13 editorial].
1. Show me one mass transit system in the nation that is self-supporting, including upkeep and depreciation with excess inflow of cash.
2. Prove to me that the proposed system will be self-supporting forever.
3. Any private property taken for the system will be paid for at the price the seller wants. In other words, the market value for my home may be $500,000 and I don’t want to sell; mass transit wants it; my price because I don’t want to sell it is $1 million and that’s what I will receive tax free.
4. That the mass transit will benefit not just the Indy north east side, but the whole state.
5. Since the editorial board is soooo much in favor, the deed to members’ homes along with all those in favor transferable to me in a taxpayer trust, if the system fails to be self-supporting and the trust will sell the homes and return the money to the taxpayers.