The IBJ Podcast took this week off for the holidays. But in case you were looking for something to listen to, here’s a list of the 10 most-downloaded episodes of 2022.
Topping the list is IBJ arts reporter Dave Lindquist’s interview with Tom Griswold of “The Bob & Tom Show,” who talks about working with his sons (one on the air and one off), recovering from heart surgery and the future of the iconic radio program. And he gives some behind-the-scenes details about producing the show during the height of the pandemic.
Also on the list are host Mason King’s interviews with former Indianapolis Mayor Stephen Goldsmith, Lebanon Mayor Matt Gentry and TV weather forecaster Chuck Lofton, as well as conversations with Peter “Pete the Planner” Dunn and Cake Bake Shop founder Gwendolyn Rogers.
Here’s the complete Top 10 list with links so you can listen:
- “Tom Griswold on the evolution of ’The Bob & Tom Show,’” Jan. 23
- “Stephen Goldsmith talks Circle Centre revamp, equity in workforce development,” Feb. 14
- “How the sale of Christel DeHaan’s estate could expand her legacy,” Jan. 17
- “Pete the Planner goes car shopping during an auto-industry shortage,” March 28
- “Lebanon’s millennial mayor navigates path between charm, change as state seeks land,” April 11
- “After triple-bypass surgery, Chuck Lofton is doubling down on extending TV news career,” Aug. 8
- “What lies beneath downtown’s Diamond Chain site?” July 5
- “Cake Bake Shop founder living Disney dream, but ‘leveraged,’” Aug. 15
- “Pete The Planner: ‘The best thing you can do right now is stop spending money,’” July 11
- “Examining the $175M plan for downtown’s City Market block,” June 20
And let us know in the comments which episodes you like the best.