- 10-01 food & drink, a new independent restaurant promising "Midwestern comfort food with a culinary twist", is scheduled to open in the spring at the southeast corner of Broad Ripple and Winthrop avenues. The restaurant, named for its 1001 Broad Ripple Ave. address, is taking 6,000 square feet and is being designed (rendering above) by Daugherty Tegarden + Partners. The partners are Natalie Wolfe, Jeff Cart and Mike Spalding.
- The Sweet Life, a homegrown sweet shop serving cakes, cookies, chocolates, ice cream and more, is slated to take 2,100 square feet in a retail strip along Allisonville Road in Fishers. The shop replaces a 24-hour Snap Fitness location. Proprietor Corrie Case, an IU Kelley school graduate who has baked cakes as long as she can remember, hopes to open the shop in early April.
- Bebop Pizza Kitchen, a homegrown carryout and delivery pizza shop, has opened at the southeast corner of 54th Street and College Avenue. The restaurant is a spinoff of The Jazz Kitchen, around the corner, and features some of the same menu items. Owner David Allee has pledged to give 5 percent of Bebop's sales to music education to help continue the city's jazz heritage.
- Potbelly Sandwich Works is set to replace the former Quiznos sub shop on Monument Circle. The 1,873-square-foot space will be the chain's first location in Indianapolis. The nearest restaurant for the Chicago-based chain is West Lafayette.
- Fast Burrito Mexican Grill is coming to the former home of Cafe O on the first floor of Chase Tower. Signs on the space announce the new restaurant, which appears to be homegrown. No word yet on an opening date.
- Rally's has filed plans to build a new location near Southport Road and Emerson Avenue. The 1,066-square-foot restaurant is surrounded by other fast-food options including Arby's, Hardee's and Chick-fil-A. The Tampa, Fla.-based Checkers chain has about 20 Indianapolis-area Rally's restaurants.
- McAlister's Deli is opening a new restaurant in an existing retail strip along State Road 135 a few blocks south of County Line Road. The 6,250-square-foot restaurant will be the Mississippi-based chain's 10th in central Indiana and first in Greenwood.
- Yogurt Shoppe has filed plans to open in a Kroger-anchored strip center at State Road 135 and Fairview Road in Greenwood. The shop will take 1,200 square feet.
- Subway is planning a 2,100-square-foot location along Ameriplex Parkway at 8420 Belfast Drive, near a Hampton Inn and Hilton Garden Inn.