- Brewstone Beer Company is the latest restaurant and bar concept to take a chance on the former Music Mill space at 3720 E. 82nd St. The restaurant, part of a chain whose website lists three other "coming soon" locations in Pennsylvania and Ohio, hopes to open this month in the 15,000-square-foot building. The space hasn't brought much luck to businesses attempting to operate there. Cadillac Ranch Group, which also has a restaurant downtown, began renovating the building in mid-2011 and even installed signage but never opened. The Music Mill venue went out of business twice in 2009, only to reopen with new owners. It shut down for good in December 2010. The building once housed a Discovery Zone children's amusement center. An earlier post is here.
- Toppers Pizza plans to makes its central Indiana debut March 17 with a grand opening of its location at 12545 N. Meridian St. in Carmel. The Wisconsin-based chain with 37 locations is known for unusual pies, including the Mac 'n Cheese, Potato Topper, Gyro Topper, and Hangover Helper. To check out the full menu, visit their website here. (The site has so many sound effects you'll feel like you're watching an episode of Mad Money.) The grand opening promises to be a frenzy: They're giving away free Toppers food for a year to the first 50 people in line.
- Ocean Prime plans to open its new restaurant adjacent to The Fashion Mall at Keystone in June. The plans, first reported in IBJ's print edition in June 2011, call for the restaurant to take about 8,000 square feet on the first floor of a PK Partners-owned four-story office building across from Maggiano's. Appetizers at the “modern American supper club”, part of Columbus, Ohio-based Cameron Mitchell Restaurants, include white truffle caviar deviled eggs and colossal shrimp sauté with Tabasco cream sauce, and main courses include ginger salmon with soy butter sauce and Chilean sea bass with champagne truffle sauce.
- Jack in the Box is scheduled to open its second central Indiana location at 9 a.m. Monday (March 12), in Avon. The first to open, in Greenwood, set sales records. The new location at 9769 E. U.S. Highway 36 will be open 24 hours. Future locations are planned for 2130 N. Post Road and near 86th Street and Michigan Road in front of Lowe's.
- Noodles & Co. is opening a new location along 96th Street east of Interstate 69 in Fishers. The restaurant is taking the vacant space next door to Einstein Bros. Bagels in a retail strip between Walmart and Marsh.
- Wings Etc. has opened its third restaurant in central Indiana, at the northeast corner of South Emerson Avenue and East Thompson Road. The Fort Wayne-based chain also has restaurants near 106th Street and Michigan Road in Carmel and Rockville and Raceway roads in Indianapolis and is planning another location for the northeast side.
- Marco's Pizza in Broad Ripple plans to move from its prominent store at College and Broad Ripple avenues to the former home of a frozen yogurt shop at 916 E. Westfield Blvd. The pizza joint is set to return to its corner a year later as a first-floor tenant of a new mixed-use parking structure developed by locally based Keystone Group.