- Hobby Lobby plans to open a 55,000-square-foot store at the northwest corner of State Road 37 and Pleasant Road in Noblesville. The Oklahoma City-based arts-and-crafts chain with locations on the south side, east side, Avon and Carmel plans to take over the former home of MC Sports. Two other moves are planned to make way for Hobby Lobby: The center's Deal$ store will move into the former home of Staples, and Pet Supplies "Plus" expects to downsize.
- Bakersfield, a unique Mexican restaurant and bar set to take over the 3,100-square-foot former home of Bazbeaux on Massachusetts Avenue, announced on Facebook it plans to open in March. The restaurant is expanding from a popular location in the Over-The-Rhine neighborhood of Cincinnati. The restaurant offers a simple menu including tacos, tortas, salads and starters.
- Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt plans to open a shop at the Buckingham Cos. development The Avenue near IUPUI on Feb. 21, and has signed a lease to open another location on Massachusetts Avenue next door to the Ball & Biscuit. Other central Indiana locations for the Oklahoma City-based chain include Zionsville, Southport and Bluff roads in Indianapolis, Shelbyville and Franklin.
- DXL, a big-and-tall chain that's part of Massachusetts-based Casual Male Retail Group, plans to open an 8,000-square-foot store at the Greendale Centre on U.S. 31 south of Fry Road in Greenwood. The concept also has a location in Castleton.
- Menchie's, a frozen-yogurt chain, plans to open a 1,450-square-foot location at Glendale Town Center. The California-based chain opened its first local outlet at Hamilton Town Center in Noblesville in March 2012.
- Forever Heather, a women's clothing and accessories boutique, plans to open a 500-square-foot shop at Indianapolis International Airport. The concept also has stores at the Reagan Washington National Airport and the Reno-Tahoe International Airport.
- American Mattress, a Chicago-based chain with eight central Indiana stores, is joining Kite's redeveloped Rangeline Crossing shopping center at 116th Street and Rangeline Road in Carmel. Anchors include an Earth Fare grocery, Panera, Piada Italian restaurant and City Barbeque.