Kim and Todd Saxton: Go for the gold! But maybe not every time.
Q&A: What you need to know about the CDC’s new mask guidance
Carmel distiller turns hand sanitizer pivot into a community fundraising platform
Lebanon considering creating $13.7M in trails, green space for business park
Local senior-living complex more than doubles assisted-living units in $5M expansion
- Starbucks plans to open a 1,700-square-foot coffee shop in Fishers at the corner of 116th Street and Olio Road. The chain is cautiously growing again after putting the brakes on expansion during the Great Recession. The nearest Starbucks to 116th/Olio is five miles west at 116th Street and Interstate 69.
- Five Below, a dollar store targeting children and teens, is heading to Plainfield. The Pennsylvania-based chain plans to take about 8,000 square feet in a center anchored by Kohl's along U.S. 40. The first two Indianapolis-area stores for the fast-growing concept were in Carmel and Castleton.
- Harbor Freight Tools, a discount tool and equipment retailer, is taking over the former Goodwill store along Washington Street just east of Washington Square Mall. The California-based chain has existing stores in the Castleton area on 86th Street and on the south side on South East Street. Goodwill late last year moved its store to a new building just to the west.
- Big Lots, the Ohio-based discount retail chain, plans to open a 30,100 square foot store in Franklin. The store is planned for the corner of U.S. 31 (Morton Street) and Westview Drive. Big Lots has 12 stores in central Indiana including in Shelbyville and Greenfield.
- Papa Murphy's, the take-and-bake pizza shop, is taking about 1,400 square feet in a shopping center across Washington Street from Washington Square Mall. The Washington-based chain has 15 locations in central Indiana.
- Yumz Gourmet Frozen Yogurt, a Chicago-based chain, plans to open its first Indiana location in the Southport Crossing Shopping Center in front of Meijer at Southport Road and Emerson Avenue. The shop, owned by franchisee Donna Laker of Batesville, is set to open May 10.