Kim and Todd Saxton: Go for the gold! But maybe not every time.
Q&A: What you need to know about the CDC’s new mask guidance
Carmel distiller turns hand sanitizer pivot into a community fundraising platform
Lebanon considering creating $13.7M in trails, green space for business park
Local senior-living complex more than doubles assisted-living units in $5M expansion
A few restaurant notes:
- Agio, an Italian standby on Mass Ave, has closed. A voicemail greeting describes the closure of the restaurant at 635 Massachusetts Ave. as temporary. "We will be reopening at a later date," the message says. "Thank you for your support." (Update: The restaurant is being offered for sale here.)
- The parent company of Mesh on Mass Ave is developing a burger restaurant it hopes to debut in the former home of Elements at 415 N. Alabama St. Cunningham Restaurant Group, which also owns Stone Creek and Boulder Creek, has not yet closed on a deal for the space.
- A Lebanese restaurant and hookah bar is moving in to the former home of The Patio at 6308 N. Guilford Ave., real estate sources said. The former bar and live music club closed in 2005 after more than 50 years in business under various names. The building owner, Steve Ross, did not return phone messages.
- Kipp Brothers Toys and Novelties is opening a new store in Greenfield. A grand opening for the superstore at 491 W. Muskegon Dr. is planned for Aug. 6.
- Discount Tire Co. is opening a new store in Avon. The 9,000-square-foot store will be built on a vacant lot at 120 Avon Village Parkway, near Rockville Road.
- Moe's Southwest Grill is taking over the former Safari Adventures in Pets store along U.S. 36 in Avon. The Atlanta-based restaurant chain is taking 2,400 square feet. The chain has locations in Greenwood, Carmel and Fishers.
In case you missed it at IBJ.com: