- Off Broadway Shoes, a Georgia-based chain with 60 stores, plans to open its first location in Indiana at Castleton Square Mall. The warehouse-style store, which will display between 30,000 and 50,000 pairs of shoes, is taking an 18,500-square-foot space in the Sears hallway.
- Happy's Pizza, a Michigan-based chain with 95 locations in five states, plans to open its first Indianapolis store at 38th Street and College Avenue. The chain, founded in 1996, also offers ribs, chicken and seafood.
- BoomBozz Pizza & Tap House, a chain based in Louisville, is planning its first Indiana location for a shopping center along 146th Street east of Meridian Street in Carmel. The new restaurant, which will join Buffalo Wild Wings, Chipotle and Dunkin Donuts in the center, is planning to hire 100 people at a career fair from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Jan. 23 through Jan. 28.
- DiBella's Old Fashioned Submarines, a chain of gourmet sandwich shops based in Rochester, N.Y., plans to open its first local restaurant at Traders Point. The family-owned chain is taking 3,200 square feet. An earlier post is here.
- LA Fitness plans to build one of its centers on the west side along 38th Street just west of Interstate 465, just as other fitness clubs cut back. The 45,000-square-foot facility is planned for an area that includes a United Artists Eagle Highlands theater and a Ruby Tuesday. The chain of fitness clubs has eight locations in the Indianapolis area.
- Dunkin Donuts is planning a new location in the Geist area at 9926 E. 79th St., just east of Fall Creek Road. The restaurant will take about 1,600-square-feet within an existing strip center.
- B's Po Boy, a new restaurant, is planned for 1261 Shelby St. in Fountain Square. The restaurant owned by Ryan and Deb Borchelt is taking 1,350 square feet.
- Kilroy's is moving forward on its plans for a restaurant and bar at 831 Broad Ripple Avenue. Earlier coverage is here.
- Monkey Joe's, a chain of indoor play and party centers, is opening a second Indianapolis-area location on the south side at 4650 Southport Road. Franchise owners Charles Howard and Scott Yoder plan to open it on Jan. 20.