- Greek's Pizzeria is coming to downtown Carmel. The popular Muncie-based chain with restaurants in Broad Ripple, Fishers, Noblesville, Zionsville, south Indy and downtown is taking about 2,000 square feet at 120 E. Main St., in the Carmel Cleaners building. The restaurant will take about two-thirds of the building, with the drycleaning operation remaining in the rest, said franchisee Josh Trisler. Trisler and his partners hope to open the restaurant in mid-April.
- The Melting Pot has closed its restaurant in Greenwood. The fondue restaurant chain, which had operated the Greenwood location on State Road 135 since 2006, blamed "economic and financial reasons" for the closure. The Melting Pot restaurant at 86th Street and Allisonville Road remains open for business.
- LA Fitness plans to build a new location in Noblesville. The 35,000-square-foot gym will join Kite's Stoney Creek Commons shopping center east of State Road 37 at Town and Country Boulevard. The building is planned for the southern edge of the center, next to Office Depot and HHGregg. The Lowe's-anchored center also includes restaurants including Chili's and Chick-Fil-A. The fitness chain has eight area gyms and is adding more.
- Rue 21, the Pennsylvania-based fashion apparel retailer, plans to take 4,500 square feet in the Centre West shopping center between Lafayette Road and Interstate 65 in front of Walmart. The chain has existing stores in Brownsburg, Noblesville and Plainfield.
- Napolese downtown at the 30 South Meridian building is hosting friends and family events this week and is scheduled for a soft public opening on Friday. An earlier blog mention is here.
- Papa Roux has closed at City Market but continues to operate its flagship at 10th Street and Post Road.