Kim and Todd Saxton: Go for the gold! But maybe not every time.
Q&A: What you need to know about the CDC’s new mask guidance
Carmel distiller turns hand sanitizer pivot into a community fundraising platform
Lebanon considering creating $13.7M in trails, green space for business park
Local senior-living complex more than doubles assisted-living units in $5M expansion
- Detour—An American Grille, the latest project from prolific restaurateur Jeremiah Hamman, has set an opening date of May 7. The restaurant and sports bar in Carmel's Arts & Design District at 110 W. Main St. also will feature menu selections from Sensu, Hamman's new Asia-fusion restaurant and nightclub that opened in March in the former home of Have A Nice Day Cafe at 225 S. Meridian St. downtown.
- Cannoli Queen, a new homegrown Italian restaurant, is scheduled to open June 1 in a retail strip at the southeast corner of Emerson Avenue and County Line Road in Greenwood. On their Facebook page, owners Lisa and Dan Snow promise "the best cannolis this side of New York."
- Froyo, a new frozen yogurt shop, plans to take a former Flagstar Bank branch along 82nd Street just west of Interstate 69. Principal Owner Jim Sapp says the shop will serve 16 flavors of Danon yogurt and offer 72 toppings. The shop will take about 1,800 square feet indoors and also feature a large patio. The target opening date is July 1.
- Huddles Sweet Shop & Boutique, the popular local frozen yogurt and sports apparel shop, plans to open a second location, at 110 W. Main St. in Carmel. The first shop is at 1356 E. 86th St., near the Monon Trail. Owner Casey Foyt also serves as a vice president for the Colts.
- V's Barbershop, an old-time men's barbershop chain that offers straight-razor shaves and complimentary shoe-shines, plans to take about 2,000 square feet in a strip center at the northeast corner of 116th Street and Olio Road in Fishers. The center's developer is Thompson Thrift.
- Dairy Queen and Orange Julius are set to open on the third floor of Circle Centre mall in late May. The combined treat concept will be just down the hall from the foodcourt, next to The Limited.
- Teavana, the tea specialist, is scheduled to open in May at the center of Circle Centre mall on the third floor. The Atlanta-based retailer also has a location at The Fashion Mall at Keystone.
- Hibachi Grill & Supreme Buffet is taking 11,200 square feet for a new restaurant at 7737 S. Shelby St. in Indianapolis. The restaurant will be at the corner of U.S. 31 and Shelby in the Greenwood Place Shopping Center.
- AutoZone is set to replace a former Blockbuster store along State Road 135 just north of Main Street in Greenwood. The Memphis, Tenn.-based chain also has a second store in Greenwood, at 785 S. U.S. Highway 31.
- Corky's Restaurant plans to replace a former used-car dealership in Danville. The restaurant has filed plans to take 4,300 square feet at 715 E. Main St.
- Scotty's Brewhouse is planning a new location on the occasion of the one-year anniversary of its Scotty's Lakehouse at Geist. The chain's newest restaurant is slated for The Commons in Columbus.
- DKNY, Maurices, and VF Outlet have opened or plan to open soon at Edinburgh Premium Outlets. The giant outlet mall is part of Simon Property Group.