`

One dead, three injured by acid fumes

May 27, 2010

At least one person has died after being overcome by fumes inside a well pit. Four people, including two off-duty firefighters, were pulled unconscious Wednesday night from the well in Liberty Township near Muncie. Investigators believe the plumber, identified as Eric Dalton, 40, poured muriatic acid into the well while doing some repair and was overcome by the fumes. Justin Benson, 19, who was working with Dalton, came to his aid, but also was overwhelmed by the fumes. The same thing happened to volunteer firefighters Brian Buck and Rick Compton Sr. when they arrived on the scene. Dalton was killed by the fumes. Benson and one of the firefighters are in critical condition. Fox59 will have more at 4 p.m.
 

ADVERTISEMENT