Quick notes on this year's BRAF:
1. Nice to "discover" a local artist who wasn't on my radar. This time, it was Fountain Square-based painter Susan Hodgin. See more here.
2. Love the new Mario Venzago baseball shirts touting the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra conductor. Marketing can be fun (although I couldn't find the shirts on the ISO's site).
3. Was it just me or did the festival seem roomier this time around? I mean that in a good way.
4. For the most part, the local radio station booths had all the energy of waiting rooms at the BMV. This is your public face. Shouldn't you act like you want to be there?
5. With Artspark, the Indianapolis Art Center has one of the best backyards in the city.
So what caught your eye at the Fair? Or what else did you see, hear, read or experience this weekend?
Unrelated note: My review of four New York shows, mentioned in previous blogs, is now posted here.