Indianapolis-based Hageman Group is tentatively planning to move its offices to the Village of West Clay in Carmel.
The real estate firm owns the 25,000-square-foot building at 12821 E. New Market St. and is expecting to move its 12 employees to the new location in August.
But it’s possible that could change. Tom Peck, vice president of investments for Hageman Group, said if another tenant wanted the space in the Carmel building, the company would consider renewing its lease for its existing office at 8910 Purdue Road or searching for another building.
The commercial and retail side of the Village of West Clay has not been as successful as developers and local officials had hoped, and the city recently agreed to changes that will allow more residential units and loosen the requirements for office and retail.
In other North of 96th news:
• Papa John’s has filed plans to open a store in Westfield. The pizza chain will be located at 17435 Carey Road just south of State Road 32. The closest existing location is at 2001 E. Greyhound Pass within the Village Park Plaza near U.S. 31 and 146th Street.
• Potbelly Sandwich Shop is joining the growing list of tenants at The Bridges development in Carmel. The store will be located at 11529 Spring Mill Road. The McDonald’s within the development, which sits to the south of 116th Street between Illinois Street and Spring Mill, opened last week.
• A child daycare and early education center is planning to remodel the vacant building at 3100 Westfield Road off of State Road 32 in Noblesville. ABC's & 123's Learning Center, which has locations in Indianapolis and Avon, will replace Lutz’s Steakhouse. The restaurant closed Jan. 1, 2015, after owner Nancy Lutz retired.
• Juice Bar plans to open two locations in the Indianapolis area, including one in Carmel and one at Keystone. According to the company’s website, the Carmel store at 1420 W. Main St. should open this summer. It will be in the same development as Wild Eggs and Crown Liquors. The two stores will be the first locations for Juice Bar in Indiana.
• As initially reported in IBJ’s Property Lines blog, Crust Pizzeria Napoletana plans to occupy 3,400 square feet at 840 W. Main St. in Carmel in space formerly occupied by Michelle’s Family Restaurant. The pizzeria, which had been located at 12505 Old Meridian St., should be open by May. Kosene & Kosene plans to open a second Mimi Blue Meatballs at the former Crust location.
• Foot Finesse plans to open at 1466 W. Oak St. in Zionsville. The foot massage spa already has two Indianapolis area locations—1416 S. Rangeline Road in Carmel and 1726 E. 86th St.
• Samano’s Taqueria has opened at 14126 Bergen Blvd. in Noblesville just off Campus Parkway. The Mexican restaurant describes itself as “an escape to Mexico.”