Cake and ice cream. They're a classic combination and the starting points for the latest retail roundup:
Nothing Bundt Cakes is planning to open its second Indiana location, at 11680 Commercial Drive in Fishers.
True to its name, the Addison, Texas-based company only sells variations of bundt cakes. The menu includes 8-inch and 10-inch bundt cakes, tiered bundt cakes, bundtlets (miniature bundt cakes), bundtlet towers and bundtinis (bite-sized bundt cakes).
Available flavors will include red velvet, chocolate chocolate chip, lemon, marble, carrot and vanilla.
The existing Indiana location is in West Lafayette. Nothing Bundt Cakes also has bakeries in 34 other states. The franchise started in 1997.
As for the ice cream, Sub Zero Ice Cream has filed plans to open a new location at 111 W. Main St. in Carmel.
It would be the second Indiana location for this retailer as well. Its first shop in Hoosierland is located at 427 Massachusetts Ave.
Sub Zero uses liquid nitrogen to freeze the ingredients of ice cream, which allows customers to create their own flavors on the spot.
Here's a bonus: For a different type of cold treat, Mamma Mia Gelateria has filed plans to open a 1,500-square-foot store at 836 W. Main St. in Carmel. The gelato shop started as a stand outside Ristorante Roma on Rangeline Road in Carmel last summer.
In other North of 96th retail news:
• A Greenfield brewery has opened a satellite location in Fishers. Wooden Bear Brewing is located at 10150 Brooks School Road, in the spot where Apezza formerly operated.
• Toppers Pizza has filed plans to open at 11640 Brooks School Road in Fishers. The pizza chain has locations in Carmel and Indianapolis.
• Can you hear me now? Verizon Wireless plans to open a store at 13638 Bent Grass Lane in Fishers. The 2,464-square-foot outpost will be located in the Fishers Marketplace development on State Road 37.
• A Total Tan plans to open a new location at 11740 Allisonville Road in Fishers. The tanning salon already has locations in Fishers and Noblesville.
• A women’s clothing boutique has opened in Lebanon. Pretty Dandy Boutique, located at 212 W. Main St., offers women’s clothes in sizes small through triple XL, jewelry, handbags, accessories and organic soaps and lotions.
• Whitestown has a new Thai restaurant. Thai Select opened last month at 6579 Whitestown Parkway in the Marketplace at Anson retail development.
• In the same complex, Caplinger’s Fresh Catch Seafood Market is now open at 6685 Whitestown Parkway.
• Starbucks has leased 2,050 square feet at The Shoppes at Saxony MarketPlace, located at 12919 Campus Parkway in Noblesville.
• O’Reilly Auto Parts has filed plans for a location at 2000 Conner St. in Noblesville.