A flea market is taking over the former Sport Bowl at 3900 S. East St. on the south side. Circle City Flea Market has filed plans to take 15,000 square feet in the former bowling alley, a south-side institution for 67 years that closed in May 2008. The 32-lane bowling alley had struggled since locally based Royal Pin bought it from the Brehob family in 2006. It wasn't clear whether Circle City Flea Market will close its existing, 75,000-square-foot facility across the street, at 3825 S. East St. A phone number at the year-round garage sale was disconnected. Elsewhere:
- Fuzziwigs Candy Factory plans to open its first Indianapolis-area store in a 1,300-square-foot space at Hamilton Town Center. The Colorado-based chain also has a store in Michigan City, Ind. The shops feature more than 400 varieties of candy, along with specialty toys.
- Monical's Pizza is opening a new restaurant in Lawrence at the Indian Creek Shopping Center at 10625 Pendleton Pike. The chain has three Indianapolis locations and restaurants in Avon, Fishers, Carmel and Greenwood.
- Panda Express plans to open a 2,100-square-foot restaurant in a shopping center along West 11th Street near the IUPUI campus. The restaurant at 645 W. 11th St. would be in the same center as a Starbucks.
- Aldi plans to build a new 19,000-square-foot store at Madison and Troy avenues. The store likely will replace an existing store about a mile away at 925 E. Hanna Ave.
- Firestone Auto Care is building a new shop in a Target-anchored center along 116th Street in Fishers. The shop is between O'Charley's and Lifestyle Family Fitness.