A new restaurant concept is poised to take the former home of Broad Ripple Steakhouse. Local investors Troy Smith and Jason Tipton of Fresh Basics LLC plan to open The Ripple Inn, named for the hotel that once occupied the building at 929 E. Westfield Boulevard, in the next two to three months. It's their first restaurant in Indianapolis, and will feature steak and seafood entrees with a modern twist, along with lower priced offerings including a Ripple Burger and crabcake sandwiches. The deal was brokered by Brian Epstein of Urban Space Commercial.
In other restaurant news:
- The Sinking Ship, a new restaurant and bar, is under construction in the former home of Steck Plumbing at 4923 N. College Ave. The Meridian-Kessler Neighborhood Association is hosting a meeting at 7:30 p.m. July 27 at Bethlehem Lutheran Church so neighbors can learn more about plans for the lunch, dinner and drinks spot. The registered agent for the new restaurant is Andrew Hamaker.
- Longhorn Steakhouse is opening a new restaurant in front of Castleton Square Mall in a former Smokey Bones location. The Darden Restaurants concept has locations along West 86th Street, East Washington Street and at I-65 and Southport Road, along with restaurants in Avon and Carmel. The new location is slated to open in November.
- Buffalo Wild Wings plans to open in the former home of a dance studio in Brownsburg. The restaurant is taking 6,400 square feet at 1551 N. Green St., in the same center as Boulder Creek Dining Company and Pizza King. The chain has 14 Indianapolis-area locations.
- Mexico City Grill is taking 5,600 square feet in Fishers. The restaurant already is under construction in a Kite Realty shopping center anchored by Marsh at 116th Street and Allisonville Road. The restaurant has a location on the south side, at Emerson Avenue and Stop 11 Road.
- Nites Restaurant and Bar is proposed for a strip center across County Line Road from Greenwood Park Mall. The 1,500-square-foot restaurant at 2308 E. County Line Road is owned by Spice Restaurant Group LLC.