There's a slew of openings and closings to report before overindulging on turkey and stuffing:
• Shapiro’s Delicatessen should open at the Fashion Mall at Keystone Crossing by Dec. 15, according to a spokesman at Simon Property Group Inc., the mall’s owner.
IBJ reported in early September that Shapiro’s would take 4,200 square feet, about 60-percent less than for its downtown flagship location, but will carry most of the same menu items the deli is known for, plus some new ones.
The new restaurant will be adjacent to the Tesla Motors showroom in the Fashion Cafe, with direct access from the eatery to the parking lot, plus a separate entrance from inside the mall.
• Rocket 88 Doughnuts is set to open Dec. 5 at 874 Virginia Ave. in Fountain Square, according to its Facebook page. The craft doughnut shop is taking the 2,600 square feet formerly occupied by Arsenal Game Room & Café.
• Spoke & Steele will open Dec. 4 inside the Le Meridian hotel at 123 S. Illinois St. The 160-seat restaurant includes a dining room, bar, private dining area and specialty drinking room.
Chef Tyson Peterson’s fresh and local “American fare” menus will focus on domestic meats, with a beverage menu featuring house-made, barrel-aged cocktails, wines and craft beers on tap.
RockBridge, a hotel investment firm based in Columbus, Ohio, bought the historic Canterbury Hotel in September 2013 and invested about $9.5 million in a comprehensive redesign and name change for the 12-story, 99-room hotel.
• Scotty's Brewhouse is returning to the south side and plans to open Dec. 19 in the same location, at 4530 Southport Crossing Drive, that it left in March 2013.
"We never wanted to leave the south side back in 2013," said Scott Wise, CEO of a Pots and Pans Production, the restaurant’s owner, in a written statement. "Business was great and this was one of our top performing stores; however, we were operating that location under a management contract with another investor group that didn't work out."
The restaurant will feature the traditional Brewhouse menu and more than 20 draft beers, and will join the other Brewhouse locations in carrying beer from Thr3e Wise Men Brewing Co.
• Sunrise Cafe is slated to open sometime in January in the former Cafe Zuppa space at 320 N Meridian St. Sunrise has locations at 7387 N. Shadeland Ave., 11711 N. Meridian St. in Carmel and 9767 E. 116th St. in Fishers.
• Marco’s Pizza opened Nov. 9 at 7301 W. 10th St. The Toledo, Ohio-based chain has 11 locations in the Indianapolis area and 500 in 35 states.
• Barkefellers on the northeast side opened Nov. 8 at 9400 Corporation Drive. The upstart Indianapolis-based franchise offers lodging, day care, grooming and training for dogs and felines. It has additional locations at 8808 Madison Ave. on the south side and 8151 Country Village Drive near U.S. 36 on the west side.
• Sahara Restaurant has filed plans to open in 1,100 square feet at 823 Broad Ripple Ave., formerly occupied by the Original Gyros Joint.
• R Italian Market at 954 N. State Road 135, Suite B, in Greenwood has filed bankruptcy and is out of business.
• The Orange Leaf location in Broad Ripple has shut its doors.