Sun King Brewery is adding a restaurant to its refurbished downtown tap room on North College Avenue.
Oca is set to open Friday and will be operated by a familiar name—Chris Eley, owner of Goose the Market and Smoking Goose Meatery.
Oca, the Italian word for “goose,” will feature a variety of house-made game, vegetarian and seafood sausages, paired with a variety of cheeses, on a ready-to-eat menu. Menu options will range from single servings to party platters.
The addition will expand seating to 140 in the tasting room and patio.
The restaurant plans to be open Monday through Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Thursday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.; and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
"Oca's menu and service is truly unique,” Eley said in a press release. “Together with Sun King's great brews, it's a delicious experience unlike any other."
Eley opened Goose the Market, an old-school butcher shop and deli, in the Fall Creek neighborhood in 2007. Smoking Goose in the Holy Cross neighborhood east of downtown followed in 2012.
The restaurant will offer an ever-changing menu featuring "new-world twists on old-world classics and inventive new sausage offerings."
Menu items include platters to serve two to four people. Among them:
• Sasquatch: giant spud topped with guanciale, 'nduja (spicy, spreadable pork salumi), duck egg, ricotta, escarole, lemon and pork rinds
• Choucroute Garnie: smoked rib chop, Knack, Nuremberg and Strasbourg Alsatian-style sausages, cured pork belly, fermented cabbage, Riesling, onion, herbs and potatoes
• Pretzels and pimiento beer cheese: Sun King Wee Mac Scottish Ale, sharp cheddar, pimiento, Bavarian pretzels and 'nduja
Also available will links for one (single-serve sausage plates served hot):
• Currywurst, beet-potato hash, escarole, crab cocktail, New England bun
• Pheasant and onion sausage, duck confit, white beans, lardons
• Berkshire pork and octopus sausage, rapini, pine nuts, fresh mozzarella, arrabiatta sauce and orecchiette pasta salad
• Smoked salmon belly and pink peppercorn sausage, burgundy snails, parsley, tarragon, porcini mushrooms