The city of Anderson is ramping up demolition of dilapidated properties as part of Indiana's Blight Elimination Program.
The city has received two grants totaling $2.8 million to tear down 128 blighted properties in Anderson, the Herald Bulletin reported. As of Friday, two properties had been torn down as part of the program.
Community Development Department administrator Tonya Turnley said 25 properties are slated for demolition, with another 103 properties approved by the state. She said demolitions will increase in coming months.
Properties slated for demolition are scored based on police calls, fire damage, whether they're in an area contaminated by industrial or commercial use, and if they can be repaired.
Turnley said most of the properties would be turned into green space.