Story Continues Below

Editor's note: You can comment on IBJ stories by signing in to your IBJ account. If you have not registered, please sign up for a free account now. Please note our updated comment policy that will govern how comments are moderated.

5 thoughts on “Twitter disbands its Trust and Safety advisory group

  1. Someone can be a great engineer and visionary… and also a pretty bad CEO and manager of people. He’s not omniscient even if he would like very much to believe he is.

    1. More of a visionary than a great engineer. Most certainly not omniscient. And still fairly full of himself, as most billionaires are.

      Also true is that he simply chooses not to be a CEO and manager of bad people. Twitter under Dorsey seems to have had an inordinately high share of morally preening moral degenerates. It is to society’s advantage that about 75% of them didn’t do one lick of work, because the cultural damage from the other 25% is formidable.

  2. Twitter didn’t just not do enough to stop the transmittal of CP or the exploitation of children. It was a preferred vehicle for promoting exploitative content. Those who were exploited are now suing Twitter, as they should.

    Take a five minute tour of some of Yoel Roth’s posts from years earlier and it’s clear that Roth, former Head of Trust & Safety, not only doesn’t see the trafficking of under age minors as a big deal, but he actually rationalizes ways by which people might skirt the law (e.g., teachers seducing students and so forth).

    Let’s just say there are probably some external hard drives in Mr. Roth’s collection that he doesn’t want us to see. More sickening: the world that Mr. Roth envisions (which he was harnessing Twitter to help create) is one where people no longer care about the stuff that Twitter’s Trust and Safety Council clearly failed to monitor. Then again, Love is love (cringe).

    1. As they say – what important people project they are usually guilty of…. The moment Musk started talking about this stuff it was released he was on the Epstein flight logs…

    2. Absolutely. I’m sure we’ll find out plenty about Yoel Roth as more of the Twitter files get unearthed. In fact, it seems we’re already learning morning since even this morning when I wrote my first post.

      It would be nice to learn about all the people on the Epstein flight logs, wouldn’t it? As well as those who paid for the–ahem–“full package” at Jeff’s lovely remote island, yes? So, why haven’t we?

{{ articles_remaining }}
Free {{ article_text }} Remaining
{{ articles_remaining }}
Free {{ article_text }} Remaining Article limit resets on
{{ count_down }}