The Capital Improvement Board has agreed Friday to spend $8.5 million to upgrade the audio visual equipment at Lucas Oil Stadium in time for the next Indianapolis Colts season.
The CIB unanimously approved the deal, which will bring the technology up to today’s standards as well as include some enhancements requested by the Indianapolis Colts.
About $2.5 million of the expense will be reimbursed to the CIB by the Colts as part of the team's desire to switch from a five-camera video system to a 12-camera system, which will enable fans to see more dimensions of the game.
Lucas Oil Stadium’s current video control room equipment “has met the end of its useful life,” said CIB executive director Barney Levengood.
“As we built it out, we will get reimbursed for the pieces the Colts have asked for, above and beyond what we’re needing,” Levengood said.
The CIB previously this year approved a $1.3 million project to build out a new control room from which to operate the new equipment.
BeckTV won the bid for the $8.5 million project, which is expected to be in place by next football season.