The Inter-State Automobile Co. was incorporated in Muncie in 1908, and production launched the following year with cars built on a 122-inch wheelbase and powered by a four-cylinder, 35-horsepower engine. The company declared bankruptcy in 1913, but one of its investors, F.C. Ball, restarted it as Inter-State Motor Co., producing cars until 1919. Ball then sold the company to GM, which used it to produce its Sheridan model. This photo was taken about 1917.
Sources: Indiana Historical Society, The Inter-State Motor Car Registry, ConceptCarz.com
Credit: The photo is courtesy of the Indiana Historical Society and is part of the Wallace Spencer Huffman Indiana Automobile History Collection. More images are available at images.indianahistory.org.