Indiana counties receive $4.7M in federal winter storm aid

Keywords

Gov. Mike Pence said Indiana has received nearly $4.7 million in federal grants so far to help the state and local governments recover from the Jan. 5-9 winter storm that dumped more than a foot of snow in some places and brought the state its coldest temperatures in two decades.

Pence said Tuesday that 30 counties mostly in central and northern Indiana were granted federal public assistance, snow assistance or both.

He said the Indiana Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Emergency Management Agency have been working with applicants in eligible counties to document damages and distribute the funds.

Counties that have received reimbursements so far are Allen, Blackford, Boone, Clay, Clinton, Fulton, Hamilton, Hendricks, Huntington, Jasper, Johnson, Kosciusko, LaGrange, Lake, Madison, Marion, Montgomery, Morgan, Newton, Noble, Owen, Parke, Putnam, Sullivan, Tipton, Vigo, Wabash, White and Whitley.

Pence said more federal aid will be distributed as applications are processed.

Please enable JavaScript to view this content.

Editor's note: IBJ is now using a new comment system. Your Disqus account will no longer work on the IBJ site. Instead, you can leave a comment on stories by signing in to your IBJ account. If you have not registered, please sign up for a free account now. Past comments are not currently showing up on stories, but they will be added in the coming weeks. Please note our updated comment policy that will govern how comments are moderated.