- Urban Element Cafe & Lounge has reopened under new ownership. The restaurant at 901 N. Pennsylvania St. has a new look and is now open daily for lunch, according to a Facebook announcement from new proprietor and recent Purdue graduate Mike Higbee.
- IHOP is planning a new restaurant near Interstate 69 and 96th Street in Fishers. The 4,594-square-foot restaurant will be built along North by Northeast Boulevard. The IHOP chain, part of California-based DineEquity Inc., has two Indianapolis-area restaurants.
- Lover's Lane plans to open a new location in a former tanning salon next to a south-side Walmart. The adult-oriented retailer is taking 3,000 square feet at 7225 U.S. 31 South, The Michigan-based chain already has a location at 6038 E. 82nd St., across from Castleton Square Mall.
- Little Caesars is opening new restaurants at 1264 W. 86th St., just east of Ditch Road, and at 4477 E. 10th St., the former home of a cash-advance shop. The restaurants, owned by separate franchisees, will take about 1,400 square feet.
- Jets Pizza plans to take about 1,650 square feet in the Willow Lake Shopping Center at the northwest corner of 86th Street and Township Line Road. The Michigan-based chain already has locations in Greenwood, at 954 N. SR 135, and Carmel, at 2764 E. 146th St.
- Donatos plans to open a new location at the Greenwood Place Shopping Center at 7683 Shelby St.
- Taco Bell plans to build a new store at the former home of Mark Pi's China Gate at 1439 E. 86th St. The 2,855-square-foot restaurant will be owned by locally based franchisee Southern Bells Inc.
- ShopKomen, featuring Susan G. Komen for the Cure apparel and gifts, has opened on the second floor of Circle Centre near Carson Pirie Scott. Shop operator MainGate Inc. will give a portion of sales for breast cancer research.
- Francesca’s Collections, a women's fashion retailer based in Houston, plans to open its third area store at Circle Centre mall in March in a spot near Nordstrom. The chain has boutiques at Castleton Square and at Clay Terrace.
- Studio 49, an exercise facility, is slated to open in a vacant space near Cafe Patachou at 4913 Pennsylvania St. A filing shows the new gym will take about 1,800 square feet.
- Clay Oven, a restaurant, has filed plans to take 1,774 square feet in Southport Centre, a Walmart-anchored shopping center between U.S. 31 South and Shelby Street.
- GNC plans to build a new 1,800-square-foot store outside Greenwood Park mall. The Pittsburgh-based chain's nearest location is at 7863 Shelby St.
- Music Mill has closed again. The restaurant and concert venue went out of business twice in 2009, only to reopen with new owners. A Broadbent Co. subsidiary that owns the 15,000-square-foot building at 3720 E. 82nd St. filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in October. Broadbent has listed the building as available for sale or lease. UPDATE: The space is available for special events and corporate outings, but the concert venue and restaurant remain closed.
- Have a Nice Day Cafe, the nightlife standby at at 225 S. Meridian St., has closed. No word yet on a replacement.
- Santorini Greek Kitchen, at 1417 E. Prospect St. in Fountain Square, has reopened after a fire.