The Indiana State Department of Health on Tuesday said the number of presumptive positive cases for COVID-19 has risen to six after the emergence of two more cases.
The newly identified patients reside in Boone and Adams counties, the department said.
The health department said it would provide case updates daily at 10 a.m. based on results received through midnight.
On its statistical online dashboard, the department said it had so far tested 36 Hoosiers for the coronavirus responsible for COVID-19. No deaths have been reported in the state.
The first positive case of COVID-19, reported Friday, involved a Marion County resident who traveled to Boston in late February to attend the BioGen conference. A second case, reported Sunday, involved a Hendricks County patient who also attended the Biogen conference.
The third case in the state, reported Sunday night, involved a student at Hickory Elementary School in the Avon Community School Corp. The fourth was reported Monday in Noble County in northern Indiana.
The latest numbers show 116,152 confirmed cases of the virus worldwide and 761 in the United States.
There have been 27 deaths in the United States, with 23 in Washington and two each in California and Florida.