- Saraga International Grocery plans to open a second Indianapolis location at the corner of Madison Avenue and Stop 11 Road. The 15,000-square-foot market will replace a vacant former drug store, and is scheduled to open in mid-March. Saraga sells food from all over Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Middle East, along with a variety of produce and fresh fish. The existing location is along Lafayette Road south of 38th Street.
- Monon Food Co., a homegrown fast-casual restaurant, is scheduled to open in mid-April next to Plump's Last Shot in Broad Ripple. The restaurant will take the former home of Hoghead's BBQ at 6420 Cornell Ave. Owner Tim Williams said the restaurant will serve "healthy comfort food" sourced locally whenever possible. Specialties will include fish tacos, burritos and skewer beef. Monon Food also will offer family carryout meals and healthy snacks for users of the Monon Trail.
- Martin Jay's Butcher Shop is planning to take 1,600 square feet near the intersection of State Road 32 and Little Chicago Road in Noblesville. The shop will move into space formerly occupied by a drycleaner in the same building as the Speedway gas station at 17647 Little Chicago Road.
- Los Toros Mexican Restaurant is planning a new location near 146th Street and Gray Road in Westfield. The restaurant, which already has a location in Brownsburg, will take about 4,400 square feet in Bridgewater Marketplace.
- Puerto Vallarta, a Mexican restaurant and cantina, plans a new location at the corner of Main Street and Emerson Avenue in Greenwood. The chain, which will take about 3,600 square feet, already has a restaurant at 5510 Lafayette Road and others in New Albany and Jeffersonville.
- Brooke's Army-Navy Surplus Store at 54th Street and College Avenue is up for sale. Owner Buzz Smith wants to focus on running a second Army-Navy store he owns in Rushville. Indianapolis has two other Army-Navy stores, at 7023 Madison Ave. and 6032 E. 21st St.