- Drake's, a restaurant and bar chain with locations in Kentucky and Tennessee, plans a location at Clearwater Crossing along 82nd Street, near Barnes & Noble. The casual concept, which features craft beer and menu offerings ranging from burgers to sushi, is part of a family of restaurants operated by Bluegrass Hospitality Group. The menu describes the restaurants as "part rec room, part roadside diner and all fun." Drake's is taking 6,000 square feet.
- El Rodeo, the popular local Mexican chain with several locations, plans to open a new restaurant in Greenwood along Emerson Avenue just south of County Line Road. The 6,000-square-foot restaurant will be in the Walmart center at the intersection's southeast corner.
- Another Broken Egg, a breakfast and lunch chain based in Mandeville, La., plans to open its first Indiana restaurant at 9435 N. Meridian St. in the former home of La Margarita. The franchisee, which also operates local Ruth's Chris Steak House locations, also is looking for a location downtown. Full story.
- Granite City Food & Brewery expects to open its new downtown location at Circle Centre mall in June 2013, the chain's development director says. The restaurant is taking 10,000 square feet including the former home of Bella Vita and will also have frontage along Illinois Street between Ruth's Chris and P.F. Chang's. The new location, reported here first in July, will be the chain's third in the area, joining restaurants at Meridian and 96th streets and at the Indianapolis International Airport.
- Dunkin Donuts is planning a new location at the northwest corner of State Road 267 and Stafford Road in Plainfield. The restaurant is taking over a 3,000-square-foot building in front of Marsh that previously was home to a restaurant and offices.