- Upland Brewing Co. plans to open a restaurant and tasting room in Carmel along 116th Street between College Avenue and Guilford Road. The restaurant is taking a 2,300-square-foot space in the same center as a Lenny's Sub Shop and iSushi Cafe. Bloomington-based Upland also operates a tasting room at 49th Street and College Avenue in Indianapolis.
- Lincoln Square Restaurant and Pancake House, a homegrown breakfast and lunch chain with seven central Indiana locations, plans to open a restaurant just north of downtown in the former home of an office furniture shop. The restaurant, helmed by father-son owners George and Chris Katris, is taking 5,150 square feet at 2330 N. Meridian St., next door to Mercedes Benz of Indianapolis.
- Old Carolina Barbecue, an Ohio-based chain with seven locations in the Buckeye state, is looking to expand to the Indianapolis area with four new restaurants. The chain is looking for a franchisee partner who would open the first new store within about six months. The chain targets suburban retail centers. The menu highlights pulled pork and St. Louis-style ribs though Old Carolina also serves chicken and beef, "to keep the yankees happy."
- Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen has pulled permits to build two new restaurants in central Indiana. The plans call for restaurants on the far southside at the northwest corner of South Emerson Avenue and County Line Road, and in the Lawrence area along Pendleton Pike east of Interstate 465.
- St. Yared Ethiopian Restaurant is planned for the Geist area. Owner Haile Abebe plans to open the restaurant in an 1,800-square-foot space along Fall Creek Road west of Brooks School Road in Fishers, a government filing shows.
- Fifth Third Bank has opened a new bank branch in Carmel along Carmel Drive east of Rangeline Road, at 205 E. Carmel Drive. The 8,500-square-foot branch, the bank's first LEED-certified location in the state, replaced an existing location at 99 E. Carmel Drive.
- Napolese downtown at 30 S. Meridian St. is nearing its grand opening as the second pizzeria in the Patachou chain. Signs posted at the entrance announce a jobs fair is scheduled for Jan. 31.
- Petite Chou in Broad Ripple has reopened.
- Lane Bryant at Circle Centre mall is closing.