In today's retail roundup, there's a trio of Carmel openings to report:
• Vitality Bowls is set to open Feb. 7 at 110 W. Main St., Suite 115, in the Carmel Arts & Design District, where the Huddles frozen yogurt shop was formerly located.
The upstart California-based chain offers low-fat meals and smoothies incorporating antioxidant-rich Acai berries, as well as a selection of fresh juices, soups, salads and Paninis.
The Carmel eatery is to be the first Vitality Bowls location in Indiana. It is operated by Eric and Sherrie Moore, and co-owners Dave and Irene Tang. Hours are Monday through Saturday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Sundays 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Corner Bakery Cafe is expected to open by spring in space at Clay Terrace formerly occupied by Paradise Bakery & Cafe. It closed Dec. 30, as reported in IBJ's North of 96th.
Established in 1991, Corner Bakery Cafe counts more than 180 company-owned and franchised locations throughout the country. The opening is part of the Dallas-based chain’s expansion into the Indianapolis market over the next several years, parent CBC Restaurant Corp. said in a written statement.
Corner Bakery favorites include buttermilk pancakes for breakfast, Chicken Pomodori Panini for lunch, and the Pesto Cavatappi for dinner.
• California Closets is on track to open a showroom this spring in the Old Town Shops building at the corner of Range Line Road and Main Street.
The 2,000-square-foot location will be California Closets’ second franchised location in the Indianapolis area; the other is at 4507 East 82nd St.
Founded in 1984, California Closets crafts custom furniture and storage areas.
Here's a new option in downtown Indianapolis:
• Thai Paradise opened Jan. 12 at 137 W. Market St., in the space last occupied by TaTa Cuban Café.
The restaurant features a host of soups, salads, stir-fried entrees and noodle dishes. Among its $7.99 lunch meals: cashew chicken, mixed vegetables, spicy noodles, Thai fried rice, and red curry.
Now for closings:
• Agostino’s Italian Cuisine at 115 N. Delaware St. closed Jan. 9. The pizzeria lasted just eight months at the location, formerly occupied by Greek’s Pizzeria.
• Ryan's steakhouse and buffet restaurant at 655 North Shadeland Ave. shut its doors Jan. 7, as part of a restructuring by parent Ovation Brands. Its other restaurants in the Indianapolis area, including the Ryan's location at 8180 U.S. 31 South near Greenwood Park Mall, remain open.
• The Great American Cookie Co. at Castleton Square Mall is no longer open.