The Indiana State Department of Health on Sunday morning said the number of presumptive positive cases for COVID-19 in the state has risen to 4,411 after the emergence of 458 more cases.
The death toll in the state jumped to 127, up from 116 the previous day.
The department reported that 22,652 people have been tested so far, up from 19,800 in Saturday’s report. The ISDH said the test numbers reflect only those tests reported to the department and the numbers should not be characterized as a comprehensive total.
The first COVID-19 case in Indiana was reported March 6.
Marion County reported 1,760 cases—up from 1,570 cases from the previous day—with 37 deaths. The state said 8,496 people have been tested in the county.
Counties in the Indianapolis area have reported at least 37 cases each: Hamilton (300), Johnson (167), Hendricks (177), Boone (57), Hancock (61), Madison (86), Morgan (65) and Shelby (37).
Only four of Indiana’s 92 counties have not reported cases.
The health department is providing case updates daily at about 10 a.m. based on results received through 11:59 p.m. the previous day.
Health officials say Indiana has far more coronavirus cases—possibly thousands more—than those indicated by the number of tests.
As of Sunday morning, 312,249 cases had been reported in the United States, with 8,503 deaths, according to a running tally maintained by health researchers at Johns Hopkins University & Medicine.
More than 1.22 million cases have been reported globally, with 65,884 deaths. More than 252,538 people have recovered.