Lopez is running on the Republican ticket for House District 39, which includes portions of Carmel and Westfield.
In Indiana, Mike Pence rebukes Trump, announces plan to ‘restore’ federalism
Speaking in downtown Indianapolis at the National Conference of State Legislatures’ Legislative Summit, the country’s largest annual gathering of state lawmakers, the former Indiana governor outlined a five-point plan.Read More
Nation’s largest gathering of state lawmakers set to arrive in Indy
The National Conference of State Legislatures’ Legislative Summit is expected to generate an estimated $4.8 million in economic activity in Indianapolis, including 11,000 hotel room nights.Read More
Mike Pence to launch campaign for president in Iowa next week
The former Indiana governor’s campaign is expected to lean heavily on town halls and retail stops aimed at showcasing his personality as he tries to emerge from former President Donald Trump’s shadow.Read More
Pence discusses Jan. 6, RFRA fallout at Indianapolis book signing
Former Vice President Mike Pence brought his national book tour to Indianapolis one week after the release of his autobiography, which has brought him much media attention and intensified speculation about whether he’ll run for president in 2024.Read More
The former Indiana governor doubled down on “the impact inflation has had on American families,” and highlighted his four-step plan to reduce government spending and reform the Federal Reserve.
The 45-page indictment of former President Donald Trump is informed, in part, by contemporaneous notes that former Vice President Mike Pence kept of their conversations in the days leading up to the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.
The former vice president raised a modest $1.2 million in the second quarter and has yet to reach 40,000 individual donors, a requirement for participating in the first Republican presidential debate.
While he frequently lauds the accomplishments of the “Trump-Pence administration,” a Mike Pence nomination in many ways would be a return to positions long associated with the Republican establishment but abandoned as Trump reshaped the party in his image.
No evidence ever emerged suggesting that Pence intentionally hid any documents from the government or even knew they were in his suburban Indianapolis home.
The launch is the latest sign that former Vice President Mike Pence is moving ahead with his expected bid for the GOP nomination—a move that would put the former Indiana governor in direct contention with his former boss, former President Donald Trump.
A spokesman for Mike Pence said Wednesday that the former vice president will not appeal a judge’s order compelling him to testify in the Justice Department’s investigation into efforts by Donald Trump and his allies to overturn the results of the 2020 election.
The judge also ruled that Pence can remain silent on topics that deal specifically with his role in Congress on Jan. 6, 2021, when a formal tabulation of the presidential election results was interrupted by a violent pro-Trump mob.
Their appearances approach as former President Donald Trump marches ahead with his announced bid for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination and his former running mate Mike Pence visits key primary states in preparation for his own potential run.
Former Vice President Mike Pence and his attorneys are planning to cite constitutional grounds as they prepare to resist special counsel Jack Smith’s efforts to compel his testimony before a grand jury.
Pence adviser Devin O’Malley said the Department of Justice completed “a thorough and unrestricted search of five hours” and removed “one document with classified markings.
The search Friday was described as consensual and came after an extensive back-and-forth between former Vice President Mike Pence’s legal team and the FBI.
The search follows revelations last week that the former vice president handed over to the FBI “a small number” of documents bearing classified markings that his lawyers discovered at his Carmel residence.
In his first public comments since the discovery, former Vice President Mike Pence said he hadn’t been aware that the documents were in his Carmel residence but his lack of knowledge wasn’t an excuse.
The records appear to be a small number of documents bearing classified markings that were inadvertently boxed and transported to Pence’s personal home as he left office, the lawyer said.
The switch between camps comes as potential GOP White House contenders seek to build out their operations in preparation for the launch of campaigns against former President Donald Trump for the 2024 nomination.
A spokesman for former Vice President Mike Pence’s campaign denied reports on Monday that the Republican had filed to run for president in 2024, responding to an apparent hoax after screenshots of a Federal Election Commission posting began to circulate.
Former Vice President Mike Pence, while considering a presidential campaign of his own, has been raising his profile as he promotes his new memoir.
Former Vice President Mike Pence is being considered as someone who can help other Republican candidates win support beyond Donald Trump’s voting base.