Circle Tower, the art deco building at 55 Monument Circle, was built in 1929. Construction began shortly after the building formerly standing at the site was demolished in May 1929. The Indianapolis architecture firm Rubush & Hunter designed the building, which cost
$1.7 million to complete. The first shop to open in the building was The Tower Establishment, a men’s custom clothing shop that faced Market Street. The second floor of the building has long been occupied by either a barbershop or salons.
Sources: Indiana Historical Society, historicindianapolis.com
Credit: This photo is courtesy of the Indiana Historical Society. More images are available at images.indianahistory.org.