$12M apartment project serving homeless vets
The $12 million, 75-unit complex officially opened Tuesday on the city’s near-west side as the first supportive housing facility for homeless veterans.
To refine your search through our archives use our Advanced Search
The $12 million, 75-unit complex officially opened Tuesday on the city’s near-west side as the first supportive housing facility for homeless veterans.
A California consumer research firm concluded this week that the cost of attending an Indiana Pacers game is is well below the NBA league average. But that same firm warned the price of admission is bound to spike soon.
An Indianapolis City-County Council committee has approved a proposal that would ban panhandling and other forms of begging near bank entrances, ATMs and other specified areas.
The success of a sparsely-worded constitutional amendment that would ban gay marriage could hinge on whether lawmakers remove a key sentence expanding its reach, House and Senate Republican leaders said Tuesday.
Zionsville leaders have seen “very general” architectural renderings of a mixed-use project Buckingham Cos. is planning in the heart of downtown, but a development proposal isn’t expected until early 2014.
Cohen & Malad LLP’s fee represents 21 percent of the $30 million awarded to Hoosier motorists as part of a settlement approved by a Marion Superior Court judge Nov. 12. The BMV was accused of overcharging for driver’s licenses.
Indianapolis police on Monday arrested three men accused of tying up an 82-year-old woman and robbing her. Bobby Dunn, 36, William Tipton, 25, and Larry Whitaker, 19, of Indianapolis were charged with two counts of forgery, one count of theft and one count of attempted theft. Maintenance workers found the victim in her house in the 300 block of North Jefferson Avenue on Oct. 28 after hearing a noise in the basement. She had been bound with zip ties and duct tape. The thieves stole her credit cards and $40.
A convicted killer has been denied a new trial in the 2000 murder of Indiana University student Jill Behrman. A Morgan County judge denied John Myers’ appeal Monday. Myers said he didn’t get a fair trial in 2006 because of ineffective counsel and prosecutorial misconduct. He’s serving a 65-year prison sentence for shooting Behrman to death after abducting the 19-year-old student while she was on a bike ride.
Pence wants to expand Medicaid coverage using some form of the Healthy Indiana Plan, which currently provides insurance to about 40,000 Hoosiers who agree to make monthly contributions to health savings accounts. The Obama administration has questioned that feature of the program.
An online petition drive launched by employees of stores in Simon properties urges the company to rethink a decision to open its malls at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving. One petition so far has gathered nearly 18,000 signatures.
Channel 8 earned bragging rights as the most-watched weather source during the tornado strikes on Sunday, although the Chicago Bears might have helped draw eyeballs.
Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP, which includes about 100 attorneys in Indianapolis, expects the merged firm to bill in the range of $175 million to $200 million annually.
School board members voted 4-1 Monday night in favor of turning Southside High School into a middle school and moving its students to Central High School.
Kent Schroder has served as the BMV chief of staff since June 1 after serving as its chief information officer since 2005.
At 1.3 million square feet, the new hospital has plenty of room to display art, most of which was purchased with contributions from donors. The hospital is set to open Dec. 7.
The proposed Indiana Biosciences Research Institute, backed by Eli Lilly, Roche Diagnostics and other life sciences companies, now has $50 million in start-up funds and has started recruiting a CEO.
Indianapolis utilized 8,500 volunteers to host the 2012 Super Bowl. Not one of them got a penny for their time and effort. That might not be the case if Indianapolis wins its bid to host the Super Bowl in 2018 or any other year.
A private company is weighing a $100 million investment in Fishers, Town Council member Scott Faultless said Monday, but the project depends on adopting a 1-percent food-and-beverage tax that’s still the subject of heated debate.
Advocates of historic preservation made a pitch Monday for an expanded tax credit program to help developers invest in older buildings – particularly in small downtowns.
House Speaker Brian Bosma and Senate President Pro Tem David Long detailed their 2014 legislative priorities Monday along with House Minority Leader Scott Pelath and Senate Minority Leader Tim Lanane.